Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thursday, Day 1 - Fort Myers, Atlanta - Airplanes - Airplanes - Airplanes

The start of the day was great, I woke up with a smile and plenty of time to spare. I went to breakfast with Nicole and then to the house to pack the last of my stuff for the trip. I started to run out of time, imagine that, James running out of time. I tried to change my forwarded number, voicemail and everything so I could rest assured that Scott would get all my calls. Well that blew up in my face and I started to freak out, especially since my phone started to die before I even left Fort Myers, I started to lose my temper and well just generally started the trip on a bad note.

The Atlanta Airport
I made the first flight to Atlanta with no problems (Flying Stand-By is lots of fun) and since my cell phone was dying I had to buy a Thirty dollar phone charger. I got to the airport really early so I had lots of time to kill and since I knew concourse T is the international terminal so I waited there for the flight to Madrid to show and of course I was waiting in the wrong terminal and had to travel all the way across the airport to the other side to catch the flight to Madrid (where I found a perfect christmas present for someone). Got first class to Madrid (Man was that nice) Had a great steak dinner with fresh fruit and cheese for desert, the waiter looked at me funny when I asked for dessert wine with my meal (I hate anything but sweeter wines) then I took some sleeping pills to put me out and it worked like a charm I woke up as the plane was getting ready to land.

End of Day one..

No comments: